The InfraGard Sector Chief Program was created to aid in the protection of the nation’s critical infrastructure by establishing a network of members with sector-specific expertise to facilitate timely information sharing between the FBI and the private sector. This exchange of information enhances the ability of the FBI and partnering federal agencies to address threats to the sixteen recognized sectors of our nation’s critical infrastructure.
A Sector Chief is expected to be the “tip of the spear” for InfraGard. They are leaders who provide the greatest value proposition to our chapter’s stakeholders for sector-specific expertise and service.
Ideal Sector Chief Qualities
- Motivated and active leader with strong communication skills within the InfraGard Minnesota membership.
- Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge and experience in one of the 16 critical infrastructure sectors.
- Currently employed within the sector they represent.
- Has the time to commit to the position.
Sector Chief Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Serves as an ambassador/spokesperson for InfraGard Minnesota, within the state, across sectors, and across the country.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for collecting and sharing sector-specific information to assist the FBI, Law enforcement and Emergency management agencies.
- Inspires two-way information sharing and collaboration among sector members and across other sectors (regular meetings, etc.)
- Initiates and promotes training, exercises and continuing education on a regular basis across their sector.
- Builds effective relationships within their sector and with partner agencies and organizations.
- Provides tips, leads and subject matter expertise to the FBI, and other law enforcement authorities as needed and when appropriate.
- Interacts with and leverages the resources of the InfraGard National Sector Chief Program.
- Nominates and deploys Deputy Sector Chiefs as needed to effectively deliver on their mission.
- Actively pursues working relationships with Minnesota’s DHS PSA and CSA resources and the state Fusion Center.
- Works with other Sector Chiefs within InfraGard Minnesota in member recruitment, involvement, and retention.
If you are interested in applying to serve as a Sector Chief, please complete the Sector Chief Interest Form.
All candidates are vetted and appointed by the InfraGard Minnesota Executive Board.
Sector Chief Critical Sectors
- Chemical and Hazardous Materials
- Commercial Facilities
- Critical Manufacturing
- Defense Industrial Base
- Emergency Services
- Financial Services
- Food and Agriculture
- Government Facilities
- Healthcare / Public Health
- Information Technology
- Nuclear, Materials, and Waste
- Transportation Systems
- Water & Wastewater Systems